Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Based on What We are (Not?) Doing: Twelve Jesus Teachings the CGGC Rejects

Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven...Everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. - Mt 7:21 and 26

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees you hypocrites. You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. - Mt 23:23

Do not suppose I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. - Mt 10:34

Anyone who loves their father and mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. - Mt 10:37-38

Depart from me you who are cursed, into the fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me. - Mt 25:41-43

You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to obey your own traditions. - Mk 7:9

I am the true vine and my Father in the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit. - Jn 15:1-2

This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. Lk 24:46-47

I know your deeds. - Rev 2:2, 2:19, 3:1, 3:8, 3:15

If you do not repent, I will come to you... - Rev 2:5

Because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth. Rev. 3:16

Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Rev 3:19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home