Monday, January 09, 2012

In Appriciation


In this final season of blog life, I want to take opportunity to show my thanks and appreciation.

I'm thankful to be a part of the Church of God in Fairview Township.  I'm also thankful that His church meets in all sorts of places, including the towns and cities where each of you live and serve.  I'm thankful that we are brothers and sisters.

I've gotten to 'know' most of you in some sort of way, through our discussions here.  That has been a blessing.

I've gotten to meet and know a couple of you in person.  None of these connections would have probably happened without this blog.  For that I am thankful.

I've even met some people who do not participate here because this blog discussion exists.

I also deeply appreciate and have been challenged by the discussions that we've had here.  I learn best in dialogue (even debate) and I'm glad that you guys have been patient with me.

I've learned some about our history and the current realities in our Body.  I've been forced to think though what I believe about a number or things and what the Bible really says.

Thank you all for caring about truth.  Thank you for caring about mission.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fran Leeman said...

Well said, Dan... thanks for giving such good and gracious words to what many of us feel.

1/09/2012 10:57 PM  
Blogger bill Sloat said...

Gang,

I also want to thank Brian for making this forum available.

Brian gave a voice to those called to lead repentance, mission and the proclamation of the New Testament gospel--what APEs do--through this blog.

In our first generation, The Church Advocate was a forum that empowered those voices and much good came about. This blog has been a precious jewel in the Kingdom's crown. Thank you, Brian, for empowering this conversation.

1/18/2012 10:23 AM  
Blogger John said...

after growing up in camp hill church of God, then in the midst of college in ithaca, ny, i essentially had no working connection with the cggc. this blog brought me into contact with the cggc "as a whole", and has given me friends and wisdom i would not have otherwise. therefore, i give a hearty second (or fourth ;-)) to dan's comments. thank God for what He's done through this.

1/21/2012 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home